Everyone is busy nowadays, not least those who hold down a demanding job while still having to run an orderly home for themselves and their family. Those who do not work outside the home have many calls on their time too, be it young children, older relatives, volunteer commitments or endless errands.
The perfect solution to keep control of the house is to engage the services of a cleaning company. Professional cleaners can visit your home as often as you require them to dust, hoover, wash and polish your hone so that it is a joy to come home to each night. But how can you help them keep on top of the mess?
1. Clear as you go. Tidying up mess as you come across it, rather than letting is all build up keeps the task manageable and not quite so daunting. So, pick up toys, put clothes away, sort out newspapers and magazines for the recycling. Sort and file household admin as soon as it comes to your attention so that you don’t forget further down the line.
2. A quick vacuum every day will keep the carpet free from bits and the house looking instantly cleaner. Sweep lino or tiled floors. This will only take a few minutes to do.
3. Keep the bathroom fresh with a quick spray of disinfectant over the taps, sink, bath and toilet. Shove some bleach down the toilet, check the towels are clean and wipe the smudges off the mirror with a paper towel and some spray cleaner. Voila!
4. Empty the bins well before they start to overflow. Make a note of bin collection day and get your bins ready in good time. This will help keep things inside the house looking good – and smelling even better.
5. If you have a dishwasher, get in the habit of chucking dirty plates, cutlery and glasses in immediately after a meal or snack. Even lightly soiled saucepans and cooking utensils can go in, although do check that things are compatible with dishwasher cleaning first.
6. Storage is your friend. Invest in sturdy plastic or wooden boxes and label them for things like children’s toys, shoes, books and spare bedding. These can be quickly hidden from view or stacked up neatly if the house suddenly needs to look presentable.
7. Open the windows as often as possible to get air flowing through the house to remove nasty smells. In winter, room scents or candles can also provide a welcoming ambience – be careful when handling a lit candle and never leave one unattended.
Cheap Cleaning Services Ltd is your most renowned cleaning agency offering busy professionals with one off and regular cleaning services across London, Surrey and suburbs.