You Are An Established Cleaning Company, how you can prove it?
It is vital to understand the job type for each and every industry. However well established companies are established because they understand customer’s individual requirements and deliver outstanding results.
Whereas the cowboy cleaning companies are so desperate for cleaning business that they will just say, “Yes” to everything you ask and deliver a poor job.
This is very common when it comes to end of tenancy and carpet cleaning, after builders clean or range of other cleaning services. This is truly unfortunate, and honestly speaking, 50-% cleaning companies in London and their employees struggle with understanding English-speaking customers requirements, which further let them deliver a good job.
As a cleaning company and especially when it comes to small jobs like one off or regular home and office cleaning, most cleaning agencies communicate through email or phone in order to understand customer’s requirements but lack the experience and style, just getting many extra customers and delivering a poor cleaning job that is not well done will let your company be in the market for the shortest period of time.
Let’s solve this puzzle by giving an example:
Say a customer is moving out from a property and this specific service has many terms including but not limited to:
– End of tenancy clean
– Move out clean
– Post tenancy clean
– Vacate clean
– Moving house clean
– After lease clean
And the long list of variations goes on. Now a cleaning company with a very limited information or newly established firm which have not much done their mathematics might get confused when a customer asks “ they need a vacate clean “ – Now it is important to know or ask different questions in order to get to know the actual requirements, you as a cleaning company may ask several questions and learn from the tinniest knowledge provided e.g.
– Is it a commercial or residential property?
– Can I take the full property postcode, if you ask this question, this will help you provide accurate price information, as some properties may be in a congestion charges area and customer might not have parking and parking may be expensive in that specific postcode.
– How long have you lived in this property?
– How many bedrooms and bathrooms have you got in this property (if this is a residential property, it may be a house, flat, maisonette, apartment, villa or a bungalow, this question will help you a lot. It is also important to ask, if the property is furnished or unfurnished, number of levels, are the cupboards and shelves fully empty? Are there any stains on the carpets, will you require steam carpet cleaning at all?
– Are there any areas, which require special attention e.g. walls, cooker, windows, skirting boards, etc.? It is very important that you make notes of the things that you discuss with customers, so you can come up with an accurate number of hours you will spend in a property (including arranging number of staff members and quoting an actual figure when it comes to price).
– Will you be fully moved out when you require clean?
– What time will you like the clean to be performed, what date and time works the best for you and your household?
– When’s your inventory clerk coming to visit your property in order to check the property’s state?
– What is the name of your estate agent? (if you work with estate agencies, or have previous experience, you might be able to find their quality standards), please note, each and every estate agency or inventory company has their own set of standards set by their own policies, certifications or accreditations they may have
– What’s the deposit you are expecting to be returned?
– Will you be able to provide parking space?
– Will there be hot water and electricity running in the property? It is very important to ask this question, on the end of tenancy or lease, some tenant’s might switch them off or simply forget to pay for electric which may lead to hassle and stress at the later stage.
– Will you require professional steam carpet or upholstery cleaning? If so, may you please provide us information on this one please e.g. about the carpeted areas, any sofa’s, mattresses, curtains you may have or any rugs?
Please note, these are the basic questions you should ask, which will help you deliver a great job, as well as quote an accurate cost, help customers avoid hassle and stress and make their move a real easy move.
In short, getting a customer by quoting a cheap price is one thing, but getting to know their requirements and then giving them an accurate quote is quite another. Unfortunately, many cleaning companies in UK do not have a very good reputation, and there are many reasons why, but one of the main reasons also includes poor skills or abilities when it comes to knowing what a “customer wants”
These basic little information and questions may also help your end of tenancy cleaning customers know that you know what you are doing and that they may count on yourself or your cleaning company for a job well done.
In the future posts, we will discuss a story of a foreign student studying in Imperial college London, which has gone through such a painful time and stress and hassle by going for a few pounds cheaper cost but then getting to know an unethical cleaning agency. They did a poor job, which has led this foreign student in London go through such hassle that she said cannot forget, it was not just £3000 which her estate agency refused to return but also that she had to pay another month rent, she missed a flight, and a long list of inconveniences goes on, which we will discuss in future
There are probably many cleaning companies in UK, but unfortunately there are many bad companies too, it is therefore important to do your mathematics and getting to know these cleaning companies, customers should ask range of questions from a cleaning company including their references within a few miles radius from their property, check their reviews, check their website, asking their company registration number, address, day time phone number and after office hours phone numbers, support or helpline, what cleaning products and materials they use, what equipment they use etc.
If you are looking for professional cleaning advice, be it move in cleaning or moving out (end of tenancy / lease cleaning), carpet or after build cleaning or range of other cleaning services including maid and housekeeping services, why not give us a call, just to get to know about the real competitive prices and choose a hassle and stress free cleaning service.
Call anytime on 020 8942 2819 or on 0800 689 8989. You may also call our mobile helpline on 07907 004090 or contact us through our website for any information or assistance you may require, be it end of tenancy cleaning or carpet and upholstery cleaning, post builders clean or maid and housekeeping services and range of other services on our website.