Anyone can call themselves a cleaner, but how can you make sure they are trustworthy enough to come into your home or commercial premises, or that they will do the job they say the will whilst they are there? The best way to do this is to go to a professional cleaning company with a great reputation. Here are some top tips to get the best out of a relationship with your cleaning services company.
1. Do your research. Don’t just opt for the first advert you read or website you stumble across. Get several quotes and speak to each agency you are considering in person to find out what they can offer, when and for how much.
2. Ask around. Don’t just take their word for it. A reputable cleaning company should be able to provide positive testimonials for domestic cleaning work – or at least put you in touch with current satisfied customers so that you can check out their credentials with a third party.
3. See how well they communicate with you in the early days. The way that your initial enquiry and subsequent conversations are handled by a cleaning company will speak volumes as to how well they handle your actual cleaning contract. Watch out for enthusiastic, dedicated staff who are honest, efficient and happy to answer questions along the way.
4. Make the most of any free appraisals or site visits the company offers. This is your chance to show them round your home and to let them know exactly what needs doing. This is the company’s chance to work out how best to meet your needs – and your chance to give them a full briefing.
5. Find out about your allocated cleaners. Ask to see evidence that they are allowed to work in the UK and have been passed to work in your specific environment (e.g. if you have young children at home, or are caring for a vulnerable adult). See if you can speak to any former customers of theirs.
6. Keep an eye on the social media and internet activity surrounding a cleaning company. Many like to interact with their customers online, providing online tips and advice, or building an online community. This type of activity shows enthusiasm for the sector in which they work and an ability to move with the times and engage with their customers on different levels.
7. Watch out, though, that the company doesn’t invest so much time in its online communications or marketing activity that it becomes slack on the actual cleaning side. You are looking for a nice balance.
8. Finally, go with your gut instinct. If you like how a professional cleaning company makes you feel about it and its domestic cleaning services, chances are your cleaning relationship with them will be a success.
Looking for domestic cleaning services or a domestic cleaner in general in anywhere in London or in Surrey area? Simply call on 0800 6898989 for bespoke cleaning services today for both one off and regular jobs!